Hospitals can be very depressing. Whether you’re a patient, visitor, or doctor hospitals play the game of life and death. If you've ever walked around one and peek inside the rooms you’ll see people crying and patients suffering or with little hope. After my last admission into one my perception of them has changed forever. During my stay I was told to walk around in order for my body to aid in the healing process. Luckily I had a visitor to talk to when it hit me.
My friend looked into a few rooms almost naturally. She couldn’t bear to watch the people in pain, wanting life over death. She turned and told me how much this place depressed her and how she only came to visit. That made me discover the meaning behind our faith! “The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” Psalm 41:3. That hospital, like many others, is the symbol of those who are yearning for life and to be free of sickness. God is the cure to all sickness! He gave life to all who want it. He sent his one and only son to die on the cross so He knew and understood our suffering so He could provide us with the the cure for it!
Although when you think of a hospital you may, like I mentioned, think of negative annotations there are also many positive ones too. My visitors during my visit were there to cheer me up and wish for my good health. Even though I may have life I still will become sick and endure hardship. That is why I have people to support and help me along the way, my visitors and doctors, as I continue to use the ultimate resource to conquer any illness. What I love about doctors is that they have to go through an extensive amount of teaching, training, and hardship that only so many people can do in order to become God’s healers. They’re not the cure but they’re His tools so He can administer the cure.
The church is the perfect example of a hospital full of broken and sick people. People come for life and healing. We take our medicine and come back next week. Some need more medical attention than others. But just like any severity of pain it will take time and will become a process of healing. Other than the symbolism that came out of a simple walk, the actual experience of watching people from the outside their rooms felt unimaginable knowing that their pain can result in death if not treated properly.
So after the doctor examines you will they find out that YOU are sick?
amen
ReplyDeleteAwesome work! God is so good!
ReplyDeleteGalatians 5:22 and 23 says, "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self -control; against such things things there is no law."
I fully believe that when we submit ourselves to God, have a faithful and devout relationship to and with God, and if we allow God to work in our lives in our lives publicly and personally, then sickness and other troubles of the flesh will not be shown through anger, fear, worry, or depression; rather, the fruit of the spirit will take its place in shining for the Lord. Through which it may show the true strength of the Majestic, Mighty, Powerful, and Almighty God that resides in our hearts!
that last paragraph, what a beautiful perspective.
ReplyDelete